Margot
When asked to type about a character from the Anne Frank Play, I decided to type about a not really known character. I am doing this post about Margot. Margot is Anne Frank's older sister, and unfortunately another victim who has to be in hiding at this point. She is eighteen years old and shy. You can say that she is one of those people who always keep to themselves.
So far in the play, Margot is just a witness of everything. It doesn't seem like her intelligence is put is use at all. She is a innocent bystander of all the arguments and fighting, and Margot never does anything SO dramatic. For example, in Scene 3, she is just there because Mr. Frank is checking her studies. Margot doesn't really say any lines at that moment.
Her relationship with most of the characters in the play is great. Everyone seems to love her, except for Anne. Surprising isn't it? Her own little sister, but there is a reason why. In scene 3, Mrs. Frank is angry at Anne because she was talking back after accidentally spilling milk all over Mrs. Van Daan's very expensive coat. So she starts comparing Anne to Margot, and Anne definitely didn't appreciate that. Margot is totally the opposite of Anne.
One line that for some reason caught my attention was "Don't worry, it's just a phase. Girls these age give all their love to their fathers." I chose this line because at this moment in the play, Margot is the one giving Mrs. Frank the helpful advice. In the beginning of Scene 4, Anne was having a bad nightmare. Mrs. Frank was really trying and trying to comfort her, but it didn't seem to work. Anne seems only comfortable with Mr. Frank. I chose this line because i could somewhat relate to it. At some pints in my life, I would rather be with one parent over the other. Or vise-versa.
No comments:
Post a Comment